No lawful boost after killing Kranach?
Chaos Master
2003-11-15 02:10:49 UTC
This is, or will be, spoily.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20

I started a gnomish elementalist(N= alignment, 0 stones) that had a scroll of
balance. Then I killed Kranach, which is supposed to give a lawful boost to the
alignment. Chatted to the sheriff, got the 3000 gold pieces, and readed the
scroll of balance. The scale was still perfectly balanced. How come I didn't
gain any lawful bonuses by killing Kranach?
--
'You receive a scroll of signature. It says:'
Chaos MasterĀ® - Posting from Porto Alegre - Brazil.
Remove the SPAM-KNIFE from the e-mail address to reply.
Martin Hageras
I think someone mentioned that Kranach moves neutral characters towards N=.
Stephen White
2003-11-15 10:20:02 UTC
Post by Chaos Master
[...]
Two possible reasons:

1. I have heard that this quest simply draws you to the extreme of your
alignment, whatever alignment that may be. Not sure if this is still true.

2. I have noticed that, in 1.1.1, you don't seem to get the "brought an
infamous raider lord to justice" in your .flg/.vlg unless you actually
deliver the raider lord corpse to the sheriff. Maybe this is also needed
to get any alignment change. Did you deliver the corpse?
Chaos Master
2003-11-15 16:24:42 UTC
Post by Stephen White
Post by Chaos Master
[...]
No. Trollish healers at CN were moved to N- or NC.
Post by Stephen White
2. I have noticed that, in 1.1.1, you don't seem to get the "brought an
infamous raider lord to justice" in your .flg/.vlg unless you actually
deliver the raider lord corpse to the sheriff. Maybe this is also needed
to get any alignment change. Did you deliver the corpse?
No. It was an elementalist that did not had Food Preservation. I've found, that
if I kill Hotzenplotz(sp?), sometimes this message is generated.