Hurthlings, Sacrificing, and Food
Netbrian
2004-01-29 02:11:42 UTC
I have a reasonably (I hope) simple question, but one that will
probably require some degree of disassembly to answer. Thus, I add
spoiler space.

.

When playing a hurthling character, would I gain more piety if I
sacrificed a monster live on the altar, or if I killed him and cooked
(and offered) the corpse? (Assume for the sake of argument, that
EVERY monster will leave a corpse.) It'd be even better if I could
get actual numbers for this, but that's not necessary. Thank you very
much!

Netbrian
Pat Kelly
2004-01-29 03:16:41 UTC
Post by Netbrian
I have a reasonably (I hope) simple question, but one that will
probably require some degree of disassembly to answer. Thus, I add
spoiler space.
.
When playing a hurthling character, would I gain more piety if I
sacrificed a monster live on the altar, or if I killed him and cooked
(and offered) the corpse? (Assume for the sake of argument, that
EVERY monster will leave a corpse.) It'd be even better if I could
get actual numbers for this, but that's not necessary. Thank you very
much!
The live sacrifices give far more than corpses, even with the hurthling
effect, which makes sense because otherwise, hurthlings would gain far to
much experience compared to other races.